[OpenSER-Users] Caching REGISTER

Julien mangeard julien.mangeard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:11:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I try to use Openser for caching REGISTER requests.
Openser server is between UA and SIP registrar server.

First register :
The UA sends a REGISTER request.
Openser server changes the expire value (with bigger value) and it relays
these request to the SIP registrar server.
SIP registrar server responses with a challenge. The Openser relays this
challenge to the UA.

The UA reponses to this challenge.
The Openser relays the message to the SIP registrar server.
When the SIP registrar server responses with "200 OK", Openser server add a
record in it own location database.

Second register :
The UA send a REGISTER request.
The UA is in the Openser location database and the session is not expire.
Openser responses "200 OK" without forwarding the request to SIP registrar
server.

I've make a schema with the expected registration flow :
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/930/registerlj0.png.

What do you think about it ?
Can I do this kind of configuration with existing Openser module ?

Best Regards,

--
Julien Mangeard
06.84.39.57.78