[OpenSER-Users] Loose route problem or misunderstanding

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Sat Jun 14 01:13:53 CEST 2008

Apparently, it pays to read the documentation...

In particular, the entry in the core cookbook for alias:

"It is necessary to include the port (the port value used in the "port=" or "listen=" defintions) in the alias definition otherwise the loose_route() function will not work as expected for local forwards"

This was exactly my problem.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with assuming that OpenSER is responsible for EVERY port, even when it's configure to only listen on one.  But at any rate, changing a few lines to include the port number makes this work for me so I won't complain too loudly.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me with this issue.

Regards,
- Brad