[OpenSER-Users] Lost BYEs and Carriers

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Thu Jun 12 18:15:07 CEST 2008

El Jueves, 12 de Junio de 2008 17:03, David Villasmil escribió:
> In which case, we STILL depend on a third party NOT BEING openser...

That is because with ONLY a proxy, you could not do accurate accounting, thats
all.

> Just a question:
>
> Is there any plan to implement this? i.e. sending an OPTIONS to the UACs to
> make sure they are online whilst in a call and ending the dialog if there
> is not answer?

That will not give you accurate results, as Jesus said "SIP was not developed
thinking on accounting", so .. for doing accounting with SIP you need to use
a bunch of tools together.

Why you don't want to use RTPProxies ?, I insists that if you do not control
de RTP path .. you could not do accurate accounting only with the signaling
path, not without having a lot of complains from your customers .. :-)

--
Saludos.

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.