[OpenSER-Users] concurrent call limit per user / customer

Patrick Miccio patrick.miccio at inode.at
Thu Jun 12 17:58:14 CEST 2008

Hi @ all,

I was wondering if anyone of you guys already implemented a system where one could limit the maximum number of
concurrent calls? With ISDN-terminaladapters or analog-telefon-adapters it is no problem because the hardware itself is
the limiting device, but with the growing amount of IP PBXs the need becomes obvious.

I am playing with the thought of writing something myself, but I am more a copy&paste programmer, so it will take
quite some time :D

Maybe someone here likes the idea?

Here are my thoughts of how a module could provide a simple functionality:

INVITE:         check
200 OK:         create
Re-INVITE:      update
BYE:            delete

must provide:

create_call()
update_call()
delete call()
check_limit()

create must save uuid,from,to,callid,timestamp in DB, from/to just for human readability ;)

update must update timestamp with uuid/callid match ( we enforce 300sec re-invite call refresh )

delete must delete the DB entry with uuid/callid match

check must count DB entries with uuid match and return amount of active calls.

cheers,

Patrick.