[OpenSER-Users] call functions with Perl (moduleFunction())

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Thu Jun 12 12:13:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Yazid Hadj Said wrote:
> Please, i want to know why when i try to use remove_hf() and append_hf()
> functions with Perl (moduleFunction(func,string1,string2)), I have this
> message:
>
> Jun 12 11:03:53 [12838] ERROR:core:moduleFunc: Module function 'remove_hf'
> is unsafe. Call is refused.

the reason for the error you are seeing is quite technical. Functions defined
in modules can define a so-called "fixup function" for parameter
preprocessing. Unfortunately, doing so can result in memory leaks and all
sorts of other problems, so their usage is forbidden.

append_hf as well as remove_hf are such functions.

We have had numerous discussions on that topic, but unfortunately, the results
have yet been limited. A lot of work needs to be invested to create matching
functions for all fixup functions in the code.

You can disable the safety checks in the perl module using a "secret"
parameter, but append_hf _will_ then result in problems sooner or later.

Sorry!

   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.