[OpenSER-Users] Linux variant recommendation?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jun 10 11:07:58 CEST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008, Bill Brownrigg wrote:
> We have done some basic development using OpenSER, now it is time to
> build a production system. The first application will be an alias_db
> application (using mySQL) to do call forwarding. We do expect to develop
> other applications in the future. We have some brand new Dell server
> class boxes for the project so we have plenty of hardware capacity. We
> do not have a lot of UNIX knowledge, so we would like to take advantage
> of a package based environment. What variant of Linux would you
> recommend for this system?

Hi Bill,

if you don't have that much linux/ unix knowledge in house, then you should
use the distribution that your staff that setup this kind of systems normally
are familar with. :-) If you plan to go with consultants, look for the
availability of certain distribution knowledge in your area. Another factor
you should keep in mind is what other applications need to run on this
servers (certifications, availability).

> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
> [..]

Just a side note, could you please remove this notice from your mail? This
post goes to 1000+ people that all need to parse this superfluos content. :-)

Thanks,

Henning