[OpenSER-Users] Doesn't "proxy_authorize()" allow credentials if "From" == "Anonymous" <sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid> ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Jun 5 17:53:10 CEST 2008

El Thursday 05 June 2008 17:34:11 Juha Heinanen escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  > Why? Obviously the INVITE **does include** Proxy-Authorization.
>  > Maybe RC3261 says that a server must not challenge for authentication a
>  > user with From "Anonymous" <sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid> ?
>
> inaki,
>
> you can configure twinkle to include p-p-i header that includes real
> from uri and then use information in that to authenticate the caller.

Hi Juha, I already do it (option enabled). Please, note that the second INVITE
Twinkle sends after 407 includes PPI:

  P-Preferred-Identity: "IBC" <sip:ibc at my_domain.net>

So all is correct. The second INVITE includes:
- CSeq + 1
- Proxy-Authorization with credentials and realm asked in the 407.
But OpenSer "proxy_authorize()" replies again -4 (no credentials).

All seems correct, this is why I think taht maybe RFC3261 disallows chanllenge
for request with "From" == "Anonymous" <sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid>.

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo