[Kamailio-Users] [OpenSER-Users] OpenSER as NAT traversal proxy HELP!

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 30 17:35:32 CEST 2008

On Saturday 26 July 2008, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
> [..]
> The only other disadvantage is its
> unpolished support for postgresql, especially for someone who values
> ACID properties and MySQL lacks/violates those mostly. Still I should
> complement all the people who have designed and implemented this software.

Hi Joris,

in the past the postgres module used transactions, but this was deactivated as
it carried a noticable overhead with it. Furthermore, its usage makes not
that much sense, as OpenSER/ Kamailio at the moment is not transaction aware.
This is caused from the mysql centered view that the DB API at the moment
have, as this is what most people use. And the actual state of affairs with
regards to ACID is not that bad, if you use a engine like innodb for MySQL.

Cheers,

Henning