[OpenSER-Users] Polycom Phones produce no wringing when dialing pots lines on the pstn

Alex G greekman0000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 23:41:38 CEST 2008

I'm sure i'm not the first to experience this. My polycom phones when
calling out a pstn gateway recieve far end ringing when dialing cellphones
in the US, but when i try to call a pots line i get no ringing, only silence
until the end point answers the call.

Does anyone have a solution for this? From what i can see in the sip
captures, the gateway sends a 180 ringing on the pots line calls, but when i
call a cellphone i recieve a 183 Session Progress where the phones do
provide the ringing. A polycom to polycom call shows the same 180 ringing,
but in this case they do provide ringing.

Just to be clear, the ringing i am talking about is the rinigng you here in
the earpiece after a dial.

Any insight or help would be very appreciated. I have sip captures that i
can post, but opted not to incase someone has seen this and knows the answer
first.

Thanks so much!