[OpenSER-Users] Help regarding FIFO error

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jul 22 11:47:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008, asim shahzad wrote:
> [..]
>  but i did the default configuration as given on to the site but i
> got this error. i checked the module that is loaded or not its loaded but
> not working so please help me regarding that how can i solve this error
>
> ERROR: Error opening OpenSER's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo
> ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
> "/tmp/openser_fifo")' in your config ERROR: and also have loaded the
> mi_fifo module.

Hi Asim,

just do as the error message say, check your configuration. :-) You need this
lines in your configuration (the loadmodule statement needs perhaps also some
path):

loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")

Check your configuration with "openser -C" for errors, and start the server.
If it don't start, take a look into the system logging (e.g. /var/log/syslog)
for further hints.

Cheers,

Henning