[OpenSER-Users] using voipswitch as media server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:11:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 07/07/08 08:37, Tushar wrote:
> Thanks Castillo,
>
> How can I direct all media to my voipswitch?
> The signalling will land on Openser server, SDP will decide the route for
> RTP so what step should be taken to sent the RTP to my voipswitch.

is there a way to instruct the voip switch to open ports for RTP
streams? As steps, once the invite comes in, you should contact the
voipswitch and ask for a new pair of RTP ports for the call. Once you
get the port and the ip address of the voipswitch, you have to change
them in the sdp -- perhaps mangler module helps. When 200ok is received,
you have to change also the ip and port in sdp with the ones from
voipswitch.

This algorithm is used for nat traversal with rtpproxy or mediaproxy.
You can check the sources of mediaproxy or nathelper modules for more
details.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com