[OpenSER-Users] Call transfer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 30 22:26:26 CET 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jan ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 04:20:32PM -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Do your phones actually support transfer via the REFER method, or by
>> issuing 302 Moved Temporarily messages?
>
> I see "REFER" in sniffed packets (Polycom phones).

   Gotcha.  So what do you want OpenSER to do with these?  Or perhaps a
more useful question is, what are you doing with OpenSER?

   They are not going to be statefully proxied as they are a distinct
method unto themselves, so they're going to require some sort of
association with an existing call ID, which you can do via AVPs, a
database, whatever.  But otherwise, just purely for routing them,
rewrite the destination URI as necessary based on the REFER parameters.

   OpenSER is a proxy, so it shouldn't really be "handling" referrals,
just passing them back to the user agent/server (UAC/UAS) that will
ultimately be taking care of that.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems