[OpenSER-Users] rtpproxy seems to be idle

Kovács Zoltán kovzol at matek.hu
Sat Jan 26 12:45:30 CET 2008

Dear Maxim, Race and the OpenSER community,

I realized that rtpproxy does not start to record the RTP stream only if it
is asked by OpenSER (or other external software). Googling the web I found
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/semsdev/2006-October/000768.html
which uncovers some facts about the missing feature of sending the "R"
command --- it is not present in OpenSER-1.1.x as far as I know. Is it there
in 1.2.x or 1.3.x?

In addition, I learned that the rtpproxy source also needs some editing to
make the recording work. Race Vanderdecken started some kind of development
back in 2006. Race, could you please give an outline of the status of your
improvements? Are the changes put back into the official version of
rtpproxy? (I am afraid the answer is no.) Finally, my last question is if
using SEMS (I'm completely new to this software), am I going to get a
complete solution for my problem?

Thank you in advance for trying to answer my questions.

Best regards, Zoltan