[OpenSER-Users] Intial INVITES without SDP

Patrick Miccio pmiccio at upcbroadband.com
Thu Jan 24 14:39:27 CET 2008

Ok,

as far as I understood everything correctly the mediaproxy module seems to be the problem.

mediaproxy.c  contains the following code:

    if (msg->first_line.type == SIP_REQUEST) {
        request = True;
    } else if (msg->first_line.type == SIP_REPLY) {
        request = False;
    } else {
        return -1;
    }

that means that in a reply route  "request" will always be "False" and use_media_proxy() will result in a lookup
command, the proxydispatcher however expects a request command to create sessions according to
mediaproxy/modules/dispatcher.py

The nathelper module from openser offers the force_rtp_proxy("s") command, a functionality that would be welcome in
mediaproxy module unless you one could call the proxydispatcher from the nathelper module.

If I got anything wrong please correct me.

cheers,

Patrick.

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.
Information pursuant to paragraph 14 Austrian Companies Code: UPC Austria GmbH; Registered Office: Wolfganggasse 58-60, 1120 Vienna Company Register Number: FN 189858d at the Commercial Court of Vienna