[OpenSER-Users] Intial INVITES without SDP

Patrick Miccio pmiccio at upcbroadband.com
Wed Jan 23 16:31:16 CET 2008

Hi @ all,

I am fighting a pretty annoying problem at the moment.

As described in rfc3261 / 13.2.1 Creating the Initial INVITE

      o  The initial offer MUST be in either an INVITE or, if not there,
         in the first reliable non-failure message from the UAS back to
         the UAC.  In this specification, that is the final 2xx
         response.

My problem is the following:

I receive a initial INVITE without SDP, forward it to a PSTN Gateway.
>From the Gateway I receive the 200 OK with SDP offer.

In the onreply_route I make a call to the mediaproxy use_media_proxy();

Unfortunately use_media_proxy() seems to make a lookup command when used in a reply route.

I would need to make a request command which would create the media session and then do a lookup with the ACK from the
UAC.

Is there a way around this?

cheers,

Patrick.

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.
Information pursuant to paragraph 14 Austrian Companies Code: UPC Austria GmbH; Registered Office: Wolfganggasse 58-60, 1120 Vienna Company Register Number: FN 189858d at the Commercial Court of Vienna