[OpenSER-Users] Problems trying to build an Active/Active OSer 1.3 cluster

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jan 22 23:11:00 CET 2008

El Martes, 22 de Enero de 2008, Stefan Sayer escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm trying to build an Active/Active OpenSer 1.3 cluster with
> > 2 nodes.
> >
> > All it's working ok for the REGISTER messages throught the use of
> > t_replicate and add_path, but I've problems with the INVITE messages.
> >
> > Both servers share the same location table on a PostgreSQL Multimaster
> > cluster (but that's irrelevant, the PostgreSQL cluster I mean...),
> >
>  > using db_mode = 2
>
> just out of curiosity: if you have DB multimaster replication in place,
> why do you replicate REGISTERs on SIP level as well?

Because "db_mode=2":

http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/usrloc.html#AEN285

  2 - Write-Back scheme. This is a combination of previous two schemes. All
changes are made to memory and database synchronization is done in the timer.
The timer deletes all expired contacts and flushes all modified or new
contacts to database. Use this scheme if you encounter high-load peaks and
want them to process as fast as possible. The mode will not help at all if
the load is high all the time. Also, latency of this mode is much lower than
latency of mode 1, but slightly higher than latency of mode 0.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo