[OpenSER-Users] best response seems wrong.

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Wed Jan 16 15:20:15 CET 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 January 2008 14:58:22 Aymeric Moizard wrote:
>> (sorry: just repost to follow correct thread/subjet)
>>
>> I just found another  example from rfc3261 where an endpoint will use 5xx
>> class answer:
>>
>> 12.2.2 UAS Behavior
>>
>> Page 76:
>>
>>     If the remote sequence number is empty, it MUST be set to the value
>>     of the sequence number in the CSeq header field value in the request.
>>     If the remote sequence number was not empty, but the sequence number
>>     of the request is lower than the remote sequence number, the request
>>     is out of order and MUST be rejected with a 500 (Server Internal
>>     Error) response.
>>
>> Hope I convinced you!
>
> Yes ;)

Very good point!

> So the question here is why OpenSer is replying 407. But it's so strange...

I agree.
I rechecked my configuration but my configuration definitly not
modify a possible forked answer into a "challenge" operation.

I've grepped in the code for "407", "proxy_challenge", challenge calls,
but none seems to be possibly called in my case. Although I don't know
much about openser internal code and I'm still not able to find where
the "best response selection" is made.

Although, openser don't use one of the "to" tag from the 501 into the
407... It's not required, but might help to find out where in the code
the issue might happen.

tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com