[OpenSER-Users] rtpproxy seems to be idle

Kovács Zoltán kovzol at matek.hu
Wed Jan 16 00:50:07 CET 2008

Dear Klaus,

Between Openser and rtpproxy is no media traffic, just the proprietary
> rtpproxy protocol which is used by nathelper module to control the
> rtpproxy.

thank you for the clarification.

1. Use ngrep to inspect the SIP message:
>   - look if the IP address in the c line in the SDP is replaced with the
> rtpproxy's IP address and the port number is replaced with the port
> number allocated by rtpproxy

Using debug=7 I think I saw in the openser log that the c line was not
replaced.

2. use tcpdump/wireshark/.... to verify if there are RTP packets sent to
> your server. MAybe there is a firewall which blocks RTP packets.

I opened all ports so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Very fortunately I started on this trace you suggested. I tried to merge the
nathelper.cfg file (shipped with openser as a factory documentation) with my
openser.cfg. And voilá, it seems to work smoothly! :-D

Thank you for your kind help!

Best regards, Zoltan