[OpenSER-Users] RTP-Proxy

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Thu Jan 10 20:18:46 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 20:10 +0100, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Jueves, 10 de Enero de 2008, Jerome Martin escribió:
>
> > To summarize, I'd say that if you rely on RTP detection for billing,
> > then you have the following limitations :
> > - unreliable problem detection
> > - stuck with RTP proxying for ALL calls
> > - problems with VAD
> > - problems in corner cases with re INVITES changing the RTP stream
> > extremities
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> I think that I should thank to you for a great explanation ;)

What, you're not even arguing ? :-) You're too kind.
But seriously, this is a pretty hot subject, and I've never met anyone
suggesting the same as I did here, most of the time I hear the same
thing about rtpproxy + CDRs reliability.

I'm sure some people are challenging what I wrote right now, in their
mind ! If we are lucky, we'll even get emails !

Disclaimer: the above paragraph was not meant to start a flame war on
the topic between SST/pinging schools and RTP detection ones. At worst,
the two techniques can really complement each other.

Regards,
--
Jérôme Martin | LongPhone
Responsable Architecture Réseau