[OpenSER-Users] RTP-Proxy

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Jan 10 18:06:28 CET 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 17:49:01 Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> > yeah, I know. Mediaproxy does this as far as I know, but I fear it's
> > just to slow for larger installation. I currently think of openSBC to do
> > this, but it seems to be a bit unstable.
>
> Grr - Do it the right way and use Asterisk - doing both RTP proxying (if
> its even necessary) and call accounting in Asterisk.

IMHO Asterisk for CDR without RTP proxing is insane, at least until Session
Timers are implemented (I know there is already code about it).
CDR should always be managed by a system knowing the state of the RTP.

Anyone using Asterisk for both RTP proxying and CDR in a **large**
installation as VoIP provider?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es