[OpenSER-Users] Digest auth on openwrt without mysql ?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Jan 4 12:57:03 CET 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008, Michael Bradley Jr wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> I'm running openser on an openwrt (whiterussion 0.9) box and I'm quite new
> to openser.
> I did install openser and would like to quickly add a domain and some users
> that could digest auth on my box.
> I know RTFM but can you tell me the direction to go for this quick setup?

Hi,

look at http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/ for the modules docs.
Basically you need to load a database driver of your choice and the db_auth
module. Take a look at the docs for this module for the available functions
for authentification, in the example config there are also some hints.
I don't have experience with OpenSER on the openWRT, unfortunally, so i don't
can give you more detailed hints about this special setup.

You need to specify your database type in the /etc/openser/openserctlrc file,
and then you could use the openserdbctl tool to create a new database. After
that you could add a new user with the openserctl tool, and authentification
should work. It it don't, increase the debug level to get some hints about
the problems.

Run this tools without any command to get some help, there is also some
documentation about the installation on the wiki.

Hope this helps - cheers,

Henning