[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER failure when MySQL redundant database fails

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 25 16:06:12 CET 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008, Arturo Díaz Almagro wrote:
> Please, see my comments below.
> > [..]
> > For recent mysql driver versions this is not needed anymore, i've
> > committed in revision 3606 a improvement to the trunk version of openser
> > that uses the recently introduced extensions in the mysql lib. This could
> > be easily backported to your version, take a look into the mysql
> > documentation if this different timeouts are supported on your driver
> > version.
>
> Does that mean that I could compile the mysql module in the trunk version
> and replace  the old mysql.so module by the new generated one from the
> trunk? Is it fully backward compatible?
>
> Kind regards.

Hi Arturo Díaz Almagro,

(lets continue this discussion on the user list)

No, but this will not work at all. Even replacing the code and recompile will
not work, the changes were to extensive. You need to backport the changes
from the mentioned revision to the driver you use internally in your company.
You could get the changes with 'svn diff' or search on the devel list for the
commit message.

Cheers,

Henning