[OpenSER-Users] no-answer timeout

Anatoly Pidruchny apidruchny at newxt.com
Sat Feb 23 19:51:44 CET 2008

Mark,

did you look at the OpenSER logs and/or did you use tcpdump/grep to find
out what is going on? Did OpenSER receive the 100 Trying reply from the
phone, if yes, when? Did OpenSER generate 408 Request Timeout reply to
the caller, if yes, when?

If OpenSER really receives 100 Trying reply from the called phone, then
it sets up the fr_inv_timeout timer. After fr_inv_timeout timer expires
OpenSER generates 408 Request Timeout reply to the caller, but it does
not send CANCEL to the called phone, unless the noisy_ctimer parameter
is set, so the phone continues ringing. May be your phone itself has
some setting to stop ringing after 60 seconds if the user does not pick
up the phone.

Regards,
Anatoly.