[OpenSER-Users] Failover using NAPTR/SRV

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 22:05:19 CET 2008

Ok, so rfc3263 defines what the user agent should do when a 503 reply, or no reply is received.
What about the rest of the possible SIP replies?

We use several different ITSP's. I just checked the logs for our last 50,000 calls from all of them and there was a total of 19 different replies received.

They are:
200,400,401,403,404,408,410,480,484,486,487,488,500,501,502,503,504,603

Some of these can occur under normal conditions, 486 is busy for example, or 487 is generated by a CANCEL.

What about the rest? Most of the rest can be classified as error conditions. Are you saying that if another error condition besides 503 is received that you don't do failover? Why?

Douglas.