[OpenSER-Users] TM-module and ACK to 2xx (doesnt terminate txn?)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Feb 13 11:54:35 CET 2008

El Wednesday 13 February 2008 11:38:14 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:

> Inaki, could you please detail what you mean by:
>
> <quote>
> In my opinion OpenSer does a special treatment for ACK in tm mode, even if
> they are for failed transaction (hop-by-hop ACK's) or succesfull INVITE
> (end-to-end ACK's).
>
> </quote>
>
> Maybe I can explain you more if I understand you question....

I meant that, as you have explained, OpenSer keeps the INVITE transaction data
(for discarding retransmissions) and also uses this info to match the
following ACK.

I hope not be wrong, your explanation is clear.

Maybe the only not very correct is the "tm" doc about "t_check_trans()":

  "ACK request - true if the ACK is a local end-to-end ACK for an existent
   INVITE transaction."

It could be writen in other way more RFC compliant (reading it seems that the
end-to-end ACK belongs to a transaction when in fact it's a new one, even if
OpenSer uses a previous INVITE transaction data to correlate it). Maybe:

  "ACK request - true if the ACK is a local end-to-end ACK for a previous
   INVITE."

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo