[Kamailio-Users] prepaid system

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 11:03:43 CET 2008

On 12/30/08 14:45, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Alex Balashov wrote:
>

>> I think #3 is the most important and the one that is likely to prove
>> most relevant in the short term, as I think we can all agree that there
>> is no expectation that the PSTN in a time frame anyone would deem short
>> to immediate term.
>>

> That is, "that the PSTN will go away."

I think we talk here about a business model. While PSTN stands more for technology, Telco world will be with us, no matter they use TDM, ISDN, SIP or SIPng...

Similar to NAT, which would do security even IP address shortage would be a past, PSTN-model is a walled-garden communication environment, protecting from "buhoohalaa" threats of wide Internet.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com