[Kamailio-Users] prepaid system

Luciano Afranllie listas.luafran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:23:52 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 2008/12/29 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 12/29/08 13:51, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> * At the time of user calls somewhere, we (after checking its auth
>>> data) rewrite its URI using custom plugin for OpenSER (which utilizes
>>> libsqlora8 library). It's not a rocket science, and (in simplified
>>> form) it looks like the following:
>>>
>> Is libsqlora8 working with latest API libs from Oracle?
>
> Yes. We use it in conjunction with Oracle 10g.
>
>> When I checked the project looked dead.
>
> I would say that libsqlora8 is finished :) - it works well and
> therefore doesn't need to be updated.
>
>> From 1.4 on, there is a dedicated driver for Oracle. Have you tried it? I
>> wonder what is the maturity of that module.
>
> No, we haven't tried yet.

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier but it would be nice
to point some key requirements for a system supporting prepaid users
and possible solutions to those requirements.
I think several of us is doing the same things so, we can benefit from
other experience and may be we can find a pattern (of course not
perfect and "fit all") for this problem using open source
alternatives.

I am talking about something like this:

- How to store and retrieve user category (postpaid, prepaid, etc).
LDAP, Radius, SER groups?

- Callflows

- What IVR to use for user notifications (no credit, etc) and user
balance check?
Asterisk, SEMS, etc?

- How to enforce call tear down when credit is exhausted?
What B2BUA to use?

- How to manage recharges?

Etc, etc.

Regards