[Kamailio-Users] [Bulk] Re: [Kamailio-Devel] drop() and tm timers.

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 29 21:47:01 CET 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla a écrit :

> On 12/28/08 23:56, Aurelien Grimaud wrote:
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla a écrit :

>>> ok, i understand.

>>> If you want to get to tm but not relayed upstream, you should drop
>>> it in an onreply_route armed via tm (t_on_reply(...) call), not the
>>> default onreply_route.
>>>

>> Well, actually I dropped the message in an onreply_route armed via tm
>> and timer were not canceled.
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the timer processing is
>> *after* the reply_route execution.
>>
> retransmission timers are reset before executing the tm onreply route.

Yes sure, retransmission timers are reset before executing the tm
onreply route.

Ok too : fr_timer is disabled on final reply.
 >    /* stop final response timer only if I got a final response */
 >    if ( msg_status >= 200 ) {
 >        reset_timer( &uac->request.fr_timer);
 >    }

But, fr_timer is switched to fr_inv_timer after executing onreply_route.
So, If all provisional are dropped, the fr_timer is not changed to
fr_inv_timer.

Should not fr_timer be changed to fr_inv_timer even if message is dropped ?

I mean, my fr_timer is 10 seconds. fr_inv_timer is 120 seconds.
I expect it to work this way :

relay INVITE to destination A.
A does not answer anything : fr_timer is triggered (A is probably down,
or unreachable)
failure route : serial forking to destination B

or

relay INVITE to destination A
A answers 180, fr_timer is switched to fr_inv_timer (A is processing the
call)
No final reply for fr_inv_timer seconds (A does not answer anymore :
network problem, host down)
failure_route : serial forking to destination B

If 180 is dropped, then the behavior is as follow

relay INVITE to destination A
A answers 180 which is dropped.
after 10 seconds (fr_timer) : failure route because of fr_timer.
This is a wrong failure report. A is processing the call, serial forking
should not occur.

Documentation says :
 > Timer which hits if no final reply for an INVITE arrives after a
provisional message was received (in seconds). *This timer is started
after the first provisional response.* Thus, fast failover (no 100
trying from gateway) can be achieved by setting fr_timer to low values.

No warning on dropped messages.

> You talk about this with one of the patches I sent or before that?
The problem occurred with openser 1.2.1, but the svn source code has the
same issue imho.

Regards.
Aurelien