[Kamailio-Users] Accounting: How to avoid a fraudulent BYE with lower CSeq?

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Dec 22 20:34:03 CET 2008

El Lunes, 22 de Diciembre de 2008 16:58, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> 2008/12/22 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <rabs at dimension-virtual.com>:
> > In all the thread I wonder why you allow users to speak with your GW's
> > ... in our systems users only may speak with our proxies, and our gateway
> > only speak with our proxies.
>
> Hi Raul, when I say "alice speaks with gateway" I always mean "alice
> speaks with gateway *through* the proxy". :)
>
> > If you route all your traffic throught you proxies (SIP signaling, I
> > mean) and you do your accounting based on your GW's information and not
> > based on your proxies information, you will be safe.
>
> Sure, the problem is that it requires be the owner of the gateways.

I know, you whant to have a "Man In The Middle" proxy, hidding to your
customers what are the real "gateways", that you don't own. That's ok .. when
I say "your own gateways", I mean ... "your own B2BUA's/PSTN Gateways" ...,
it's obvious that I prefer to proxy also the RTP throught "our gateways", so
we can have full control over RTP and no fraudulent use of our proxies are
allowed (if we did not something wrong ...)

I don't like doing accounting on the proxy at all, I prefer to do it in the
B2BUA/Gateways machines, realtime or quasi-realtime accounting, but not on
the proxy.