[Kamailio-Users] Kamalio Support for RFC 3323 " Privacy"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Dec 12 01:03:15 CET 2008

El Viernes, 12 de Diciembre de 2008, Klaus Darilion escribió:
> > The user sends the request with:
> >   From: Anonymous <sip:anonymous at XXXXXx>
> >   P-Preferred-Identity: <sip:alice at domain.com>
> >   Privacy: id
>
> If the user has only one identity, then the PPI header is not necessary
> as the user's identity will be know by the proxy,

Not in case the user wants hidden callerid. In this case the user indicates
his identity in PPI and set From to anoymous value, and includes Privacy: id.
The proxy then can know who the sender is and can require credentials, and
after it removes PPI when sending the request to an untrusted node (or
removes PPI and replaces with PAI when sending the request to a trusted
node).
But PPI is needed in this case even if the user has only one identity.

> and the user for
> example bill be identified by its authentication username.

The proxy can inspect the From header and PPI header to look for a local
domain, and just in that case asks for auth (it makes no sense that a proxy
requires credentials to an external user).

> But this
> again may cause problem with multidomain configurations and the auth
> user does not include domain.

That's the point :)

> Thus, maybe adding the PPI header always is a good idea.

Unfortunatelly I just know two implementations using PPI when asking for
privacy: Twinkle and Sofia stack.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo