[Kamailio-Users] how to use 2 mysql servers?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:52:36 CET 2008

On 12/03/08 12:16, BERGANZ François wrote:

> I want to have less as possible HA-linux, DNS solutions…
>
> It is always the same problem:
>
> When we add a solution for failover, if that solution is down, the
> failover is out of work!

that happens to every solution. The HA is given by the fact you add a
new node managed by a system that is less exposed to unavailability than
the new node.

It can happen that the router before your network crashes. So you don't
have anymore to worry for your HA, but you can add a backup link.

So there is no simple and 100% reliable HA solution. You have to go to
the level that satisfies your needs.

If a software crashes, then can be started by another application which
does just monitoring of that application. But of course, if monitoring
and application crashes in the same time, you are unlucky, adding
another monitor for monitoring app decreases the chance that all 3 apps
crashes in the same time ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com