[Kamailio-Users] how to use 2 mysql servers?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Mon Dec 1 18:49:34 CET 2008

BERGANZ François wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I need to know how to use 2 mysql servers, if my first server go down...
>

> Have you an idea?

Quite a few different ways depending on your ultimate goal.   I believe
the simplest method would be to setup
a master-master replication between your two mysql servers.

Then place both IP addresses in a single DNS A record, which gives you a
round robin effect, but doesn't necessarily achieve 'high availability.'

A more complex situation would be ultramonkey (linux-ha) and/or some
sort of mysql connection proxying environment.

Jeremy McNamara