[Kamailio-Users] Why does Kamailio reply 408 when 'fr_inv_timer' expires?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Aug 25 10:25:10 CEST 2008

El Monday 25 August 2008 10:02:56 Klaus Darilion escribió:
> Hi!
>
> MAybe 408 is not the correct response code, but it is widely used.

Hi Klaus, in fact now I think I was wrong since RFC3261 says in "16.7 Proxy -
Response Processing":

  6.  Choosing the best response

         A stateful proxy MUST send a final response to a response
         context's server transaction if no final responses have been
         immediately forwarded by the above rules and all client
         transactions in this response context have been terminated.

         The stateful proxy MUST choose the "best" final response among
         those received and stored in the response context.

         If there are no final responses in the context, the proxy MUST
         send a 408 (Request Timeout) response to the server
         transaction.

> If
> you need a different response code IMO it would be better to make it
> configurable - e.g. as tm module parameter, and default is 408 (for
> backwards compatibility). I think this should be a easy patch.

Well, it's not neccesary to do that, you can do it in failure_route :)

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es