[Kamailio-Users] As a board member

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Aug 15 12:50:19 CEST 2008

Hi David,

First of all leaving kamilio is not about local_route - more or less the
decisions to stop some useful work based on some arguments with no
technical values, the whole story with SVN (now is frozen, now it is not
- decision taken by 3 people)  where just the last drops to fill in the
glass.

Based on the how the things were going in the last 10 month, I saw no
future. I really do not want to wast  7 year work (on SER and openSER)
just because other people like to do politics instead of technical work
with the project. When I was wasting more effort with politics than with
the development, it was clear that the current way of running the
project is wrong.

And as a small note: local_route is not experimental in OpenSIPS - is it
a first step in building more interesting feature. There were things
fixed (there were quickly imported in kamilio :D), but what we have in
1.4.1 is the first version - work is still in progress for enhancing it.

Regards,
Bogdan