[Kamailio-Users] uac_replace_from and lumps again

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Tue Aug 12 14:17:39 CEST 2008

Hello,

i'm still fighting with the very annoying lump model that OpenSER uses. I need
to send out INVITE's with different From headers in a failover situation.
More specifically I need to send out each step -original request and
failure_routes- with a different From header. If any request forks (parallel
or serial due to DNS SRV or registered contacts), it needs to keep current
(same) the replacement From on all branches.

I tried the following:

try 1:

REQUEST_ROUTE:
uac_replace_from(a)
t_relay();

FAILURE_ROUTE:
append_branch()
uac_replace_from(b)
t_relay()

the second uac_replace_from always produces garbage in the From

try 2:
REQUEST_ROUTE:
t_newtran()
uac_replace_from(a)
t_relay();

FAILURE_ROUTE:
append_branch()
uac_replace_from(b)
t_relay()

Now the second uac_replace_from is correct, but when the first t_relay() does
dns based failover, the original from is used for the second branch instead
of the replacement.
If the response code is locally generated 408, the second uac_replace_from
produces garabage too.

Is someone aware of a working solution for this (very common) situation?

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann