[Kamailio-Users] project foundation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:16:55 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I think it is the time to move forward with project management
structure. During last days there were talks and discussions on the
lists, the solution to make the project independent and long term
trustable is to create a foundation.

We made a draft of purpose and organization structure and we want to get
your comments.

http://www.kamailio.net/dokuwiki/doku.php/admin:foundation-draft

For the statute we are looking at similar cases of foundations around
open source projects. Considering the developer population and
contributors, I find as good and reliable place to register the
foundation to be Germany.

There is still long way to go and a lot to discuss:

    *

      membership fees

    *

      how one can become a full member (associate member can be anyone
      that is friend of the project and pays the membership fee)

    *

      how a member loses the board or full member rights

    *

      how the board is supervised

            when and how the reports of the board are presented

            when and how the general assembly meeting takes place

            how the reports are approved by full members

    *

      how to change the statute over time

... and perhaps more, but if we start and put some effort we can have it
ready in reasonable time, avoiding trust and reliability issues in long
term.

Let's have debates here and contribute the results to the wiki.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com