[Kamailio-Users] Identifying branch in ONREPLY-ROUTE?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 11 12:14:46 CEST 2008

What is the simplest way to identify the branch (by branch index) to
which a reply belongs in an ONREPLY-ROUTE?

I have parallel forking with my registrar and do passive call
statekeeping.  The problem is that it must be branch-aware;  I need to
know if, for example, I got a successful provisional reply on one branch
of the call and a failure on the other, and deal with those separately.

Right now my statekeeping information is keyed by Call-ID, but since
that persists across two branches, obviously some sort of
branch-identifying information has to be present.

I've tried setting a persistent variable to the value of $T_branch_idx
inside a BRANCH-ROUTE, but in ONREPLY-ROUTE that just shows up with the
most recent branch index, regardless of which branch the reply actually
came in on.

I'm probably missing something quite obvious here, so I ask - how do I
incorporate some form of branch awareness into ONREPLY-ROUTEs?  I really
do not care what form that is - be it branch index, or some other
built-in value, as long as it is consistent.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems