[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release plans, project matters

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:58:09 CEST 2008

I can't tell you all how worrying another fork of SER or OpenSER is to
me.

I have worked, known, or at least met most of the people in SER ->
OpenSER -> OpenSIPS groups in some fashion over the last five or six
years starting back with Jiri and Bogdan at iptel.

I obviously don't understand what's going on that could possibly cause
a project fork but I think I can speak for a number of people as a
former commercial support customer, present user, source tinkerer, and
occasional consultant - when I say that this really does put a dark
cloud over ALL of the projects.

To start splitting up the core developers -again- between projects, to
me, seems absolutely insane!

This makes me extremely nervous going forward with either project and
I will be (as most will be) watching closely as this situation
continues to unfold and details emerge.

  - Darren

dmsessions at gmail.com
http://www.darrensessions.com