[OpenSER-Users] Unregistered users able to make calls

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Apr 22 21:38:59 CEST 2008

El Martes, 22 de Abril de 2008, Aadilkhan Maniyar escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have a setup where in Openser is acting as the registrar and Asterisk
> handles the media. i.e. the INVITEs are relayed to the Asterisk server
> by Openser.
> When I try to make a call from an unregistered user the call goes thru.
> The user is present in the subscriber table but is not registered with
> Openser at that instant.
>
> Is this an expected behavior?

Sure, to make calls a user maybe needs to authenticate (digest and so).
To receive calls the user needs to register to say the registrar server where
it is. In this register process probably the user needs too to authenticate.

Note that "authenticate" != "register".

This is a common confusion, but a little reading of RFC 3261 would make it
clear ;)

> If not what needs to be done so that an
> unregistered user is prohibited from making any calls.

Just check if the user is registered (function "is_user_registered" or
similar) before allow the call.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo