[OpenSER-Users] UDP/TCP failover in OpenSER

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Apr 22 19:45:26 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 22 April 2008 15:32:34 Antoine Fressancourt escribió:
> So here are my questions :
> - How can I tell OpenSER to relay the message to B using TCP ?

You must add "transport=tcp" parameter to the RURI. There is a function to add
parameters to the ruri.

> - Do I have something particular to do while registering to tell
> OpenSER that the client is listening in UDP and TCP ?

If a client registers using TCP it has "transport=tcp" in the
REGISTER "Contact" header:
  sip:user at 192.168.1.58;transport=tcp

So you could add this parameter to "Contact" header before save it in location
table.

But I've a doubt: when client is behind NAT the "received" column stored
in "location" table is:
  sip:user at PUBLIC_IP;transport=tcp

So I assume that it's neccesary to add also here the "transport=tcp" parameter
but have no idea of how to do it. Suggestions? is it necessary or is it
enought with the "transport=tcp" in "contact" field?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es