[OpenSER-Users] Openser ignoring SIP version in the Request Line

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Apr 22 16:54:12 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 22 April 2008 12:43:11 Aadilkhan Maniyar escribió:
> Hi,
> When Openser receives a malformed INVITE with SIP version set to 10.0 in
> the Request Line, it just processes it as a normal INVITE.
> The Request Line of the INVITE message received looks like this:
> INVITE sip:ua1 at domain.com SIP/10.0
>
> According to RFC 3261, the Requests should contain SIP/2.0. Hence
> Openser should drop this request with an appropriate 4xx reponse.
> But this behavior is not seen.

IMHO, since for now there just exists SIP/2.0 it makes no sense to increase
parsing time by matching the message SIP version

I'm sure that there are LOTS of aspects in the
super-complex-and-mega-permissive ABNF grammar of SIP that is not checked in
OpenSer when parsing a message. For example, RFC 3261 says that a userinfo
can't contain '#' but you can send to OpenSer:

  INVITE sip:#1232323 at domain SIP/2.0

and OpenSer will not reject the request with the appropiate 4XX response.

> Do I have to modify my openser.cfg for validating the above INVITE?

I don't know if there is a pseudovariable containing the SIP version of
received message, but in case there is then you'll need to check it manually
in the script.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo