[OpenSER-Users] kagoor voiceflow replacement

Fri Apr 18 12:21:31 CEST 2008

>>> Otherwise any client in your network may populate your usrlow
>>> without credentials and depending on your setup just grab other
>>> users accounts.
>> Even if you save() during request processing and have "bad" data in
>> the usrloc table account hijacking shouldn't be possible because if
>> the registration fails on the registrar, the registrar wont forward
>> incoming calls to openser.
>
> Consider the following sequence:
> 1) User A registers sucessfully. openser usrloc and upstream usrloc are in
> sync.
> 2) User B fakes user A registration. upstream says no - but openser
> already saved => usrlocs are out of sync
> 3) call from outside which should get to A will go to B
>    (and B might forward to A, staying in the middle of course)

In step 3 it depends.

Usually, if openser forwards the REGISTER it has to manipulate it.

E.g the following scenario (for simplicity no NAT traversal and no
multi-domain):
user aor: sip:alice at atlanta.com
user contact: sip:1.2.3.4

Registrar is a dumb SIP registrar at domain atlanta.com

Openser acts as outboundproxy, listening on domain obp.atlanta.com.

When openser forwards the REGISTER to the registrar it has to replace
the contact header with the contact of itself (so that the registrar
will forward the requests to openser). Further, openser has to put some
id into the userpart to match incoming INVITEs to the proper user, e.g:

alice ----REGISTER-----> openser
REGISTER sip:alice at atlanta.com