[OpenSER-Users] Question about installing openser

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Apr 15 15:25:39 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 15 April 2008 13:03:27 Pete Kay escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get Openser 1.3.1 installed on Debian.  It gave me a
> lot of errors when I try to "make" from the source.  Could someone
> please tell me the list of packages I should install before building
> Openser?

Instead of "make" use "make deb" and you will get cool debian packages.

> By the way, I haven't been able to find a step-by-step guides on
> installing Openser from scratch on Debian.  If there is one exists
> somewhere on the Internet, I would greatly appreciate it if you can
> point me to it.  I am currently working through a few of the how-tos
> trying to put pieces together.

Packages in Debian Etch:

~# aptitude install libssl-dev bison flex gcc make libmysqlclient15-dev
libradiusclient-ng-dev build-essential libdb-dev libxml2-dev libldap2-dev
libexpat1-dev libxmlrpc-c3-dev  libsnmp-dev dpkg-dev  fakeroot  dpatch
debhelper  libpq-dev unixodbc-dev libperl-dev libconfuse-dev libdb4.4-dev
xsltproc util-linux libcurl3-gnutls-dev

Modify Makefile to install in Etch instead of Sid (by default):
  deb:
        #ln -sf packaging/debian
        ln -sf packaging/debian-etch debian

If you need TLS enable it by editing "packages/debian/rules":
  TLS=yes

Compile:
  ~# make deb

It creates .deb packages in the parent directory (usually /usr/src). Install
them (which you need) with "dpkg -i".

Edit /etc/default/openser:
  RUN_OPENSER=yes

Create DB tables (if needed):