[OpenSER-Users] OpenSer closes TCP connection if receives wrong data

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Apr 11 10:03:11 CEST 2008

Hi, if OpenSer receives a request via TCP with wrong data (for example Via
missing) it closed automatically the connection. I'm just experimenting with
SIP TCP and I'd like to know the reason for this behaviour, I know that many
SIP TCP UAS's have not this behaviour.
I also know that other UAS's dissallow empty lines before the message (so
disracrd the message) while OpenSer do allow them.

Any explanation/recomendation is welcome. Are those recommendation for a SIP
TCP stack written in some RFC?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo