[OpenSER-Users] Missing or unsupported event header field value - presence woes

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Apr 8 21:37:39 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> There is presence_mwi that should be able to handle the event
> 'message-summary'. However, if you don't get the presence working for
> two x-lite softphones, the error is somewhere else -- the above
> message does not affect the SIMPLE status presence part.

Yeah - Shortly after I sent my message we fired up wireshark to figure
out that there was a rouge Polycom phone sending us MWI indications,
which we were not expecting.  I knew something odd was happening just
wasn't sure exactly what until we were able to sniff the wire.

> The 'tab' is printed from the C sources, in the debug message, it is
> not the cause for the issue.

Ok - good to know.

> You have to watch the SIP traffic and see if the SUBSCRIBEs and
> PUBLISHes are replied properly. Then check if after a PUBLISH a NOTIFY
> is issued.

OpenSER is sending what looks to be a properly formatted NOTIFY, however
we always getting back a 481 Call Transaction Does Not exist from X-Lite
to OpenSER's presence NOTIFY message.

We are setting up SJPhone and a Polycom phone to see if we get any
different behavior.

Are we missing something in the config I sent previously?

Thank you,

Jeremy