[OpenSER-Users] Openser with RTPProxy in a different scenario

Daniel Cardoso Alves dcardosoa at yahoo.com.br
Fri Apr 4 15:15:03 CEST 2008

Hi morton,

You posted a scenario with RtpProxy in a private IP...

Is RtpProxy in a private IP? It must be in a public IP, because the both clients should be able see the RtpProxy...

I hope I have helped....

"morton.olson" <martin.leichter at esk.fraunhofer.de> escreveu:
Hi all!

I have a problem with Openser an RTPProxy. I am using nathelper module to
establish a statefull connection with RTPProxy in between the both clients.
I player around with it now for a while but I cant get it to work. All the
examples in the internet a for clients behind NAT, etc... Maybe one of you
might help me.

I am using Openser 1.3.0 with RTPProxy 20040107 on Debian Linux "Etch".

My scenario looks like this:

UA(public ip) ----- Firewall (public IP; 192.168.0.1/24) ----
Openser+RTPProxy (192.168.0.5/24) ----- UA (192.168.0.23/24)

The Firewall forward Port 5060 to the Openser which is listening on 5060 as
well.
Also Ports from 60000-61000 are forwarded to the Openser aswell. (RTPProxy
was compile with these Ports)

I have no access to the firewall and it does not manipulate SIP Messages.

Is there a chance to get this to work?

If so, I willl post my configuration file to see what I did wrong.

Thanks a lot.

Greetz Martin