[OpenSER-Users] [openser 1.3] loading module auth.so stop my server (bug?!)

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Apr 2 14:50:41 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Pascal Maugeri wrote:
> [..]
> 2) when I remove the configuration parameter "secret", the auth_mod.c calls
> the method generate_random_secret() as stated in the documentation. It
> enters in the loop
>
>         for(i = 0; i < RAND_SECRET_LEN; i++) {
>                 LM_INFO("(3a)\n");
>                 sec_rand[i] = 32 + (int)(95.0 * rand() / (RAND_MAX + 1.0));
>         }
>         LM_INFO("(4)\n");
>
> but never exit ! This is the reason why my server does not start and keeps
> blocked there. I modified the code above to print more logs, I can see in
> the logs the string (3a) once but I never (4): IMHO it is blocked somewhere
> in the first random computation.
>
> I'm running openser on Redhat Enterprise v4.
>
> Is there anything else I should configure in my environment ? Or I found a
> bug ?

Hi Pascal,

i just tested it, it works fine on my system. Without a secret parameter
(which probably most people uses), its autogenerated. What version of openser
do you use? Do you get a core file (in the working directory)/ observed a
crash on startup? Could you please post the last lines debug log of the
startup?

Cheers,

Henning