[OpenSER-Users] RTPProxy to another SIP proxy

David Loh davidloh at vyke.com
Thu Sep 27 19:53:58 CEST 2007

Hi all,

First of all, good day :)

Wondering if any of you guy experience in RTPProxy, previously all voice
stream I'll simply forward to Asterisk.
Straight to the point, now I've a working SIP server with combination of
OpenSER and Asterisk, (location A)
but I'll need to setup another OpenSER w/ RTPProxy server on different
location, (location B)
the point of this setup is to make when UA connected to location B, all
the signaling are forward/relay to location A,
but RTP stream will be handled by RTPProxy @ location B, which RTP
stream should contain IP address of location B instead of A.
I've tried numerous setup but couldn't get it work.

_Setup #1_
openser.cfg
# after sanity check
 rewritehost("location A IP");
 sl_send_reply("300", "redirect");

This works but somehow I need to append IP/hostname to the destination
number (eg., 001 became 001 at sip.myhost.com),
and ethereal trace on UA still showing the IP in RTP stream is location
A not B.

_Setup #2_
openser.cfg
 if (!is_method("INVITE")) {
   rewritehost("location A IP");
   t_relay();
 } else { # INVITE
   force_rtp_proxy;
 }
but this setup doesn't work :( Do I need to configure the rtp proxy? I
couldn't find any configurable file (.conf) for RTPProxy,
according to the manual it shall extract the destination IP/hostname and
automatically relay the RTP stream,
but .. I'm still no luck with it.

Can't really recalled others config, but does anyone come across this
similar setup?
mind to share your experience with me? And, it that really possible to
put location B's IP into RTP stream,
but actually the main back end was on location A (asterisk) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
David Loh