[OpenSER-Users] perl + unixODBC

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Sep 24 10:22:57 CEST 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007, Murilo Lacerda Yoshida wrote:
>  Hello all,
>  I'm new in the list, so first of all I would like to say hi to all the
> list and say that openSer is a fantastic product, and that the
> documentation available on the internet is also fantastic.
> [..]

Hello Murilo,

nice to hear that. :-)

>  The other and main reason is that for some unknown reason the openSer
> server crashes when using perl scripts that communicate with DB in high
> load contexts. For some reason the perl script receives a sig_segv
> (segmentation fault) and this signal is passed to all others threads and
> then the openSer server dies.
>
>  This error is that kind of error that is specially difficult to find,
> because there are too many different systems involded. The path from
> openSer to the DB would be:
>
>  openSer -> perl module -> perl -> perl DBI (DBD::ODBC) -> unixODBC ->
> FreeTDS -> MS SQLServer

Yes, there are quite a bit modules involved.

Take a look into the core dump (set core_dump = yes) with gdb, this should
give you further informations about the cause of the segmention fault. To get
a better backtrace install the debug package (debian) or compile with
debugging enabled. If the error is located in openser, please post the
backtrace also on the list.

Cheers,

Henning