[OpenSER-Users] Unregister a user when not responding to SIP pings

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Sep 20 12:01:12 CEST 2007

i don't think that pinging contacts in order to remove unresponding ones
is in general a good idea.  sip register request has been designed to
expire if not refreshed in time.  that together with limiting expires
time to something reasonable should suffice.

i personally would not be happy my operator would remove my registration
when my train goes into a tunnel at the as operator's proxy is trying to
ping  me.

-- juha